If you want to live healthy, you must eat well. Healthy eating is finding balance in eating. If you want to maintain good health, you must eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your body needs nutrients to stay healthy.
According to Wikipedia, a healthy diet is one that helps maintain or improve overall health. A healthy diet provides the body with essential nutrition: fluid, macronutrients, micronutrients, and adequate calories.
A healthy diet may contain fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and includes little to no processed food and sweetened beverages.
Good diet promotes good health.
What Makes Food Healthy?
- It contains low calories
- It does not contain refined sugar?
- It contains moderate protein
- It contains high vegetable and fiber
- It is not highly processed
HOW TO EAT HEALTHY?
- Eat more of fruits and vegetables like oranges, cucumber, spinach, tomatoes
- Eat whole grains like brown rice, whole-wheat bread, whole wheat, oatmeal
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk: Fat-free or low-fat milk contains fewer calories and less saturated fat
- Choose a variety of lean protein food like turkey breast, chicken breast, ground beef, fish, crayfish, periwinkle, snail
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks-Reduce your calorie intake by drinking more water.
EXAMPLES OF UNHEALTHY FOOD
- Sugar, sweet cereals
- Sugar drinks e.g. energy boosters
- Soft drinks
- Processed meat
- White bread
- Frozen food
- Canned fruit juice
- Industrial vegetable oil
- Most of fast food
- Most food and herbal supplements
Change your diet to improve your health.